CLIC Sargent wanted to develop a digital strategy to enable them to really use digital, and the new models of working it has enabled, to widen the organisation’s supporter base and increase the impact of the services it offers.
Our research phase was designed to understand the CLIC Sargent’s work, culture and skillset. We reviewed:
- The organisation’s goals and ambition for digital
- Issues and barriers to using digital
- Digital skillsets and literacy across the organisation
- How digital is impacting in the external environment – focusing on medical charities, service delivery, and children and young people
- Analysed paid, owned and earned digital performance
To deliver an effective strategy we also needed to understand users’ intentions and behaviours when engaging with the organisation. We fielded a user survey, and analysed traffic to the existing digital platform.
We bought the different strands together to deliver new insights, and used these as a basis to lead strategic workshops to determine vision, ethos, strategy, prioritisation and success measures.
The organisation has an agreed digital strategy, vision and ethos. This has been combined with developing clearly prioritised goals and success measures.